TOGETHER WE ARE ONE - ALONE WE ARE A PART / APART

The joy of life is "Love of God"..."Love of Family"..."Love of Friends". My God is my everthing...Family is the air I breathe...Friendship fuels the life in me. "Believe"..."Dream"..."Love"!!!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

That's Cool


I remember, summer days at the park
Those hours of pickup ball until dark
Beach picnics - sand-castles too
Life was easy - life was cool

I still see those amazing colors of fall
Back to school and high school football
All my friends - my family too
Life was easy - life was cool

When I pass a park it looks so empty
The days of pick-up games are gone
Uniforms and competition rule the day
At the end of the game people move on

I remember, winter days and snowballs
Building giant houses made of snow
Ice skating and hours sled riding
Hot chocolate; people smiling

I remember the beauty of springtime
End of the school year on my mind
Longer days warmth and sunshine
Family and friends, life was fine

Today it seems something is missing
Maybe it's just all of my reminiscing
Lord, life is a blessing; a gift from you
I remember your love; I do; that's cool

No comments: