TOGETHER WE ARE ONE - ALONE WE ARE A PART / APART

The joy of life is "Love of God"..."Love of Family"..."Love of Friends". My God is my everthing...Family is the air I breathe...Friendship fuels the life in me. "Believe"..."Dream"..."Love"!!!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Smiling Face

They're tearing down the neighborhood
And saying that it's for our own good
Those massive buildings of a bygone day
Wood, steel and countless bricks of clay
Those many towers of spiral chimneys
That ushered the black smoke high in sky
These are relics of the many industries
That paved the way to fruits of modern life
Concrete footings, and stone foundations
Wooden girders; steel formed in this Nation
Coal fired furnaces supplying the power
Dinosaurs of an era leading to this hour
On the face they look dirty, cold and old
There was a day they were shiny and new
Behind every brick, piece of wood or steel
Is a face that smiles down on me and you

No comments: