Peter approached Jesus and asked him, "Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?" Jesus answered, "I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times."
Consideration: This scripture passage is powerful. We have all been offended by others in one way or another. Jesus is clear when he tells Peter, "I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times." Remember, we have also offended others as well; and we are in need of forgiveness.
In this troubled and unperfect world, there is plenty of pain and difficulty. Forgiveness is the key to unlock the freedom of peace that every heart longs for. In the end, it will be the mercy of our Lord, Jesus, that will free us from the darkness of this life; to the freedom of the light when we enter into his light. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment