TOGETHER WE ARE ONE - ALONE WE ARE A PART / APART

The joy of life is "Love of God"..."Love of Family"..."Love of Friends". My God is my everthing...Family is the air I breathe...Friendship fuels the life in me. "Believe"..."Dream"..."Love"!!!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Heart of Nashville Tennessee



I remember the songs of Detroit City
Classic melodies; the soul of the streets
Now we listen to the music of today
All I can say - is I long for yesterday

Words so destructive and demeaning
It's hard to believe what they are singing
If this is cool; if this is the way of change
All I can say - is I long for yesterday

What happened to the city boy in me
Sometimes change is really a good thing
I still listen to the music of the streets
The music out of Nashville Tennessee

I remember the sounds of Detroit City
Those sweet melodies; those funky beats
All the memories of back in the day
All I can say - country music is the way

I remember, faith in God; family values too
Love of Country; working for your due
Words of meaning; prayers on bent knees
History; songs out of Nashville Tennessee

Sing the Lord His praise; sing of better days
God bless America - God bless America
God bless the words - God bless the melodies
God bless the heart of Nashville Tennessee

No comments: